Loyalty Leader Quick Tips
How to Celebrate Customer Service Week
September 4, 2013
< All Articles
8 Celebration Ideas
- Kick off the week with a motivational speaker to ignite a spirit of enthusiasm and contagious positive attitudes throughout your organization.
- Create a schedule of events for the week and post it throughout the company.
- Invite a group of your best customers for lunch to meet your customer service reps in person.
- Decorate your building with posters, banners, balloons and flowers to create a festive atmosphere.
- Give away free candy bars or cookies to customers who come in.
- Enclose candy kisses or another type of non-perishable treat with every order you ship during that week.
- Send a hand-written thank you note to every customer who orders a product or does business with your company. Have the cards signed by employees throughout the company, even those who only deal with internal customers. Be sure to have them include their title after their signature.
- Surprise your employees with bonuses, gift certificates, a day off with pay and other unexpected awards to recognize their commitment to customer service.
Schedule a daily theme or celebration to keep the enthusiasm strong. For example:
- Monday – Kick-off breakfast with a guest speaker.
- Tuesday – Pizza party with a funny movie or skits.
- Wednesday – Stress-buster session with games, fitness tips and team-building activities.
- Thursday – Hollywood day. Everyone dresses as their favorite celebrity.
- Friday – Trick or Treat. Each department serves up a special treat. Employees receive a treat plate or bag and make the rounds to collect the goodies and meet their fellow workers.
Whether you work for a small or large company, you can celebrate Customer Service Week with a one-day event or a whole week of activities. Don’t miss the opportunity to ignite enthusiasm for customer care.