In order to create a culture of customer service excellence, a company needs to build a team of trainable employees who are easy to motivate.
Here are 7 tips for hiring customer-focused employees:
- Only select people who are naturally friendly, helpful and people-oriented.
- Hire people based on attitude first–skills second. Skills can be taught. Attitude is a choice.
- Hire people who are not embarrassed to provide great service.
- If a job candidate can’t smile during the interview, they won’t smile at their customers.
- Communicate to a prospective employee that great customer service delivery will be a primary measurement of their performance evaluations.
- Ask the candidate to define customer service excellence during the interview.
- Ask your best employees to recommend friends “of whom they can be proud” for job vacancies.
Customer Service Training