Loyalty Leader Quick Tips
10 Effective Meeting Guidelines Encourage Staff Input to Improve Service
March 4, 2023
< All Articles
The best way for a business to increase customer loyalty is to encourage input from employees. Here are 10 meeting guidelines for placing value on employee ideas and suggestions:
- Punctuality. All meetings start and end on time.
- No interruptions at staff meetings. Incoming phone calls go to voicemail during meetings to let everyone know he’s serious about the importance of what’s being discussed.
- No titles or privileges at meetings. At an effective staff meeting, everyone is equal. Each meeting has a designated leader and the job rotates. The leader is responsible for creating an atmosphere of openness and frankness.
- No hanging back and no monopolizing. Participation is not optional and people who tend to talk too much are encouraged to listen.
- Always have a written agenda. This gives the meeting focus and helps the staff track the problems they are trying to solve.
- Openly discuss issues. Elicit the thoughts and feelings of every staff member.
- No defensiveness permitted. Employees are not permitted to be attacking or self-protective. No complaint sessions are allowed.
- Support the facilitator. Employees support the facilitator by following the meeting rules. Provide leadership training and offer opportunities for employees to broaden their skills.
- Emphasize strong communication skills. Encourage everyone to speak and write clearly.
- Encourage a playful environment. Using appropriate humor can offset the intensity of staff meetings.